Monday, January 26, 2009

hi everybody,thanks for all your love & support. I'm still fighting this 1 day at a time, I get overwhelmed if I let myself think about the war, instead of the daily battle. I saw my doctor today, and he's real optimistic about beating this war. So here is a little about my war. wed. the 28th I'll be having another bone marrow test to see how the chemo is doing in my bones. they're giving me a rest for the remaining of this week. then I'll be checking in the hospital again for another 4 to 5 days for more chemo treatments.this rollercoaster ride could last up to 4 to 6 months.that's why I dont like talking about the war, I will beat this but I have to go day by day. this is interesting, for those who want to know what I look like without a mustache, including my wife,1/2 of it just fell off in my hands. I'm losing my hair pretty fast right now,but it will grow back.I was hoping to keep my mustache.as far as my daily battle goes my legs hurt enough to where I have a hard time sleeping. Doc gave me new pain pills for my legs,will try tonight. I wont write another blog like this one, to depressing,but now you know my war. the next one might be sugar coated, but like mary says, just a spoonfull of sugar helps the medicene go down, LOVE STEVE

3 comments:

  1. Hey Steve,

    "so i hear your battling with cancer?" a response says "actually cancer is battling with me, well frankly it is a losing fight for cancer."

    God only sets diversity infront of you that he knows you can overcome.

    Steve we all know you will fight this battle. with all the love and support from your family and friends you will get thru this battle .
    we all love you so much
    Wayne ,Erika ,Amber& Ray , Nikki and baby ayden , Lindsey ,Ashley
    PS :If you need anything and i do mean anything please let me know .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    My heart goes out to you in your struggle. It can be overwhelming when each day you know you must face the battle anew- and you don't know how long the war will rage. Each day also dawns with hope, with healing and with love. Each day your illness helps others become better people by letting them feel and express their compassion and caring. Each day your illness allows others to become stronger as they face their fears and find inner strength. Each day those near you learn to appreciate life because they see how fragile it is. No matter how dark it seems and how hard for all of you, your sacrifice has gifts. I know that doesn't make things any easier, but for me at least, it does make a difference.
    Blessings to you all,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    There are worse things to loose than a mustache!
    Thinkin' about you every day.
    Hope to see you when you're feeling up to it.
    Your friends,
    Alastair & Melody

    ReplyDelete