Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2008

The biopsy results show this to be ALL (Acute lymphoblastic leukemia). This is the more treated type so that is good news. They will continue with the oral chemo therapy until the results of his chromosome test come back.
At this time, if you have the sniffles or any other illness, it is not recommended that you go into his room as his immune system is in a compromised state.

They are not inserting the port today because of low platlet and giving him blood. Surgery will be on Friday. The chromosome test is to look for some chromosomes that are resistant to certain treatments.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Steve,
    That is good news about it being the treatable kind. I have had a cold and sore throat, but as soon as I am 100% healthy I will be up to see you.
    Take care, and I will add you and your family into my prayers
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great walk with you bro, many more to follow!!!!!! mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI STEVE,
    NICE PHONE CHAT TODAY! YOU SOUNDED GOOD.
    WE LOVE YOU!
    DAD AND CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey You, am I going to have to come in there and make you giggle like a 4 year old again. Don't worry I will laugh with you, even if we get too loud. Our thoughts are with you. Patrick Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HiSteven,
    do i need to send you some real food ? i know how yuky it can be . you take care and wayne amd i will up there for a visit after i get rid of this head cold .if you need anything just call . i love you Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Steve,
    Greg and I are sending prayers and good thoughts for you, Mindi and your children. If we can do anything for you please let us know. May God bless you guys!
    Warmest regards,
    Shirley and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Steve!

    Brian and I are wanting to come visit but, like every one else, I've got a touch of the bug that's going around and that means Brian probably does too.

    I bet you have a ton of visitors anyways :)

    We'll see you in a while. Just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you!

    Take care,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete